A friend of mine came to me with a photo of a birth announcement she’d seen at a baby shower and asked if I could reproduce it. I recognized the fonts as similar to, if not the same as, ones I’d already digitized so it wasn’t too difficult.
She needed it to fit a 5×7″ sewing field, so that information combined with the baby’s details was all I needed to reproduce her photo.
I liked the layout and since my niece had recently given birth to a baby boy, I adapted the layout for him. Of course, she never actually got it since it became a resident of my traveling sample case.
Funny Little Story: You might think my house is filled with embroidery. It is, sort of, but only in high concentrations in travel cases ready to go to the next show.
Fonts used: Hobo, Rachel, Helvetica Narrow plus a candle wicking motif.
I set this up in my digitizing software where all my fonts live as closest point keyboard fonts. Once I have my design set up, I can easily customize it for another baby.
Caution: I did have to significantly distort some of the characters to match the photo and that can work better in a digitizing program where you still have the object as opposed to working with a stitch file font.
… Read the rest