“Lindee Goodall is a veteran master digitizer who loves to share her joy and knowledge of embroidery techniques with others.”
In 1993, when Lindee Goodall, upgraded her sewing machine from a 23-year old mechanical Necchi to a programmable Pfaff 1475, her life–unbeknownst to her–took a sharp turn
One year later she had a tiny single needle embroidery machine with rudimentary DOS-based digitizing software, and less than another year later she was using high-end professional digitizing software with a 9-needle commercial embroidery machine.
It wasn’t long after that she left her job as a programmer and multi-media developer to form her first company, Cactus Punch, the first independent company to create machine embroidery designs specifically for the home market.
Combining a degree in art, a life long love of sewing and crafts, and a background in programming, Lindee melds the art with the science of creating a smooth running and creative design.
Cactus Punch soon became hugely popular due it’s focus on multi-format designs targeted for home embroiderers and soon gained a world-wide reputation for artistic, innovative, smooth-running designs. Thanks to her programming background, Cactus Punch was one of the first embroidery companies to have a web presence in early 1996.
During that time Lindee was a featured guest on many of the PBS sewing shows of the time:
- Quilting from the Heartland/Quilting with Shar
- America Quilts Creatively
- America Sews with Sue Hausmann
- Martha’s Sewing Room with Martha Pullen.
Her work was also featured on the covers of Stitches Magazine, Sew News, Threads, Profitable Embroiderer, and Creative Machine Embroidery.
In addition articles in those magazines, Lindee has had published articles on digitizing and embroidery techniques in Impressions, and Designs in Machine Embroidery. Lindee has given workshops and seminars on digitizing, embroidery techniques, and how to make money with embroidery.
She has taught at numerous venues including:
- ISS Shows
- Original Sewing & Quilt Expo
- Creative Embroidery Conference
- Houston Quilt Market
- Viking, Pfaff, Singer, and Baby Lock Conventions
- Brother Back to School
- Sewing & Stitchery Expo
- Rusty Barn Events
- Martha’s School of Art and Fashion
- Echidna Sewing Products Convention (Australia)
In 1997, Lindee was featured as one of the first “Digitizers of Distinction” by Impressions magazine and won first place at METS that year for best original digitized design.
In 2002, she won the prestigious Stitches Magazine first prize in the category of Creative Use of Stock Designs.
She is the author of 3 self-published books based on embroidery:
- Poetry in Motion, which started as a collection of notes on learning to embroider with her first machine, the P.O.E.M. (out of print)
- Embroidery Cookbook, which was a reference guide published in sections that was later aborted by the new owners of Cactus Punch
- Anatomy of a Design: How to Think Like a Digitizer and Become a Better Embroiderer, available as a downloadable e-book on her website.
- The Embroidery Recipe: How Your Ingredients Affect Your Results is her most recent e-book and was released in May, 2018.
CURRENT: LINDEE G EMBROIDERY
After Cactus Punch was effectively shut down by the new owners, Lindee found herself missing the embroidery design and teaching aspects and formed a new company in 2008, Lindee G Embroidery, which she operates as a solo-preneur with some side help from her husband, Bill, and their cats.
Her focus is still creating and selling smooth running designs, most of which are stock designs available as collections, single designs, and project. She also still provides custom digitizing services for select clients. Free education is available via blog posts, YouTube videos, and Facebook.
AND NOW A CRAFTSY INSTRUCTOR!
In 2014, Lindee became a Craftsy instructor. Her two Craftsy classes, Thread Savvy: How to Stitch Beautifully with Any Threadand 20 Things Every Embroiderer Should Know are both highly rated and well-received.
WATCH AN INTERVIEW
Margaret Moorehead of The Virtual Sewing Guild interviews Lindee Goodall, Lindee G Embroidery, as part of the Expo Expert Interview for 2017.