MONTH 6 – HOLLY & POINSETTIA: 3D FLOWERS
In this lesson I’ll use customizing software to repurpose embroidery designs to create a 3D effect. My instructions include the use of tools within the Embrilliance Essentials and Embrilliance Enthusiast programs, however, the process is quite simple and if you have other software, you should be able to follow along quite easily.
MONTH 6 – HOLLY & POINSETTIA: 3D FLOWERS
In this lesson I’ll use customizing software to repurpose embroidery designs to create a 3D effect.
My instructions include the use of tools within the Embrilliance Essentials and Embrilliance Enthusiast programs, however, the process is quite simple and if you have other software, you should be able to follow along quite easily.
MY AFFILIATE LINKS DISCLOSURE
Hi everyone. Just to let you know that some of the links on this site are affiliate links. What that means is that if you click one of them and buy something… I get a commission. It doesn’t cost you anything extra and I only recommend things that I’ve tried and tested, so please, please, please… use my links.
Fine Print: Lindee G Embroidery is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Lindee G Embroidery is also an affiliate for Embroidery.com, Nancy’s Notions, Embrilliance, and Craftsy. If you purchase something through one of those links I may receive a small commission, which helps to offset the cost of running this site. 🙂
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN …
- How to repurpose embroidery designs for other uses
- What to look for in designs for dimensional flowers
- How to extract elements from a stitch file (I’ll be demoing in Embrilliance
- How to test embroidery designs
- How to create a 3D design from a flat one
- How to create a three dimensional floral corsage
- How to keep thin, slippery fabrics from slipping in the hoop
WHAT’S INCLUDED …
- Holly and Poinsettia appliqué design in all sizes
- PDF project instructions to complete the Christmas Corsage project
- Repurposing Embroidery Designs lesson PDF – watch the YouTube video
- Design formats include: ART, DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PES, SHV, VIP and VP3
Here you can see the Holly and Poinsettia block in the lower right hand corner of my quilt.
WHERE TO GET IT
The Echidna P.I.E. projects are exclusive to EchidnaClub.com and since the series is complete, can be purchased as a bundle. While the designs can also be purchased from my shop and the YouTube videos are public, the actual instructions are only available to Echidna customers. Echidna P.I.E. is not limited to any specific brand of machine – anyone with an embroidery machine can join in the fun!
- Block of the Month Designs
- Echidna P.I.E. Training Series (Complete) – 12 monthly lessons with optional projects, plus a 13th bonus project. 412 page PDF e-book, 220 embroidery designs, applique templats in PDF, SVG, and FCM formats
- Embrilliance software is often available in our shop as a physical product that will be shipped (U.S. only) or as digital download from Embrilliance
- Not sure? Download a demo version to try out any ot the apps or get the free version, previously known as Alpha Tricks Express, now known as Embrilliance Express to open access to the thousands of keyboard fonts available as BX installer files
- Please note the dates on this post.
- This Echidna PIE series is now complete and is available as a single download that includes:
- 12 lessons and projects (412 paged PDF book)
- 220 embroidery designs
- templates for appliques
- plus a bonus project
- All for only $99
HOW TO TURN AN APPLIQUE DESIGN INTO A 3D CORSAGE WITH EMBRILLIANCE
HELPFUL LINKS TO PRODUCTS I RECOMMEND & USE
Since I’m constantly being asked, “what did you use for [fill in the blank],” I’ve begun organizing my favorite products on this Resource page as a convenient place for you to find them.
I’ve also included links to where I get them, many of which are affiliate links. Hey, I can’t stock everything! If I list something I haven’t/don’t use, I’ll let you know that too.
- Echidna P.I.E. Curriculum Overview
- October P.I.E. – Applique with Sheer Fabrics
- March Echidna P.I.E. Embroidery Project & Lesson