The Learn to Digitize Training Series is the ultimate digitizing course taught by a master digitizer. Don’t just learn to punch buttons in your software. Learn your software and how to think like a digitize! Fortunately, Generations™ is not just a digitizing automaton. It has tools to modify auto’d designs and you can create all or part of your design from scratch—and so far we’ve only scratched the surface on that aspect. In this unit we’ll dig deeper into those features that will truly allow you to free your inner creativity.
Once you know how to use the tools on the Create, Punch, and Object bars, it will open up new ways of creating individual stitch objects and turning those into a design. Learning how to use the special menus in Outline and Angle modes will give you the tools to edit and optimize any GEN file. This unit completes the bulk of the features in Generations™ and prepares you for the final two units, which covers digitizing fur, feathers, and foliage; lettering, and specialty techniques.
Unit Objectives (Partial)
- Manual punch tools on the Create and Punch bars
- Object bar functions
- Various View modes and their associated contextual menus and functions
- Creating and using Building Blocks
- Monogramming, both with Insert Monogram and Insert Text
- Work-arounds, where available, for known program “mal-functions”
This disc-based (DVD) digital training product includes:
- 1 Illustrated, full color, e-book—170 total pages
- 8 QuickTime video lessons (2:35 total run time)
- Custom graphics for exercises
- Optional evaluation of your project
Requirements (not included)
- Same as previous units:
- Generations embroidery software version 1.6 to perform the exercises
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF files (free, installed on most computers)
- Apple Quicktime to view the supplementary training videos (free, download from apple.com)
- Note: QuickTime is no longer supported by Windows 10.
- While Generations requires Windows, this training product works on Macintosh or Windows
- Anatomy of A Design: How to Think Like a Digitizer & Become a Better Embroiderer (ebook by Lindee Goodall)
- Successful completion of all previous units and Anatomy of a Design