The Learn to Digitize Training Series is the ultimate digitizing course taught by a master digitizer. Don’t just learn to punch buttons in your software. Learn your software and how to think like a digitize!
This unit continues in the tradition of the first unit: a quick start tutorial to get you off the ground immediately, plenty of illustrations, conversational tone, and even more exercises and videos! Expand on your foundation skills acquired in Unit 1: Getting Started with Generations with Keyboard Lettering.
Not only will you learn how to create lettering, you’ll expand and apply the concepts covered in Anatomy of A Design and how they apply during the digitizing process. A lesson is also included to help you understand how needles, thread, and fabric affect your embroidery and therefore your decisions as a digitizer. Digitizing is not just learning how your software works—just because you can create it in the program doesn’t mean it is sewable. By learning to think like a digitizer, you can produce professionally looking designs in no time!
Unit Objectives (Partial)
- Understanding the functions & choices in the Insert Text dialog box
- How to modify text
- Working with text paths
- Understanding type and how to select fonts for best use
- How to find, install, and use TrueType fonts
- Investigating the satin stitch and modifying its attributes
- Understanding tie-offs and trims and how to control them
- Understanding and applying compensation and density
- Enveloping options for lettering
This disc-based digital training product includes 2.5GB of information:
- 2 illustrated, full color ebooks – over 180 pages and over 200 captioned images
- 5 QuickTime video lessons corresponding to 5 of the 16 lessons in the text for 1 hour of viewing time
- Option to have your work personally evaluated
Requirements (not included)
- Same as previous units:
- Generations embroidery software version 1.6 to perform the exercises
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF files (free, installed on most computers)
- Apple Quicktime to view the supplementary training videos (free, download from apple.com)
- Note: QuickTime is no longer supported by Windows 10.
- While Generations requires Windows, this training product works on Macintosh or Windows
- Anatomy of A Design: How to Think Like a Digitizer & Become a Better Embroiderer (ebook by Lindee Goodall)
- Successful completion of all previous units and Anatomy of a Design