The Learn to Digitize Training Series is the ultimate digitizing course taught by a master digitizer. Don’t just learn to punch buttons in your software. Learn your software and how to think like a digitize!
This unit continues in the tradition of the first unit: a quick start tutorial to get you off the ground immediately, plenty of illustrations, conversational tone, with exercises, review questions, and videos! We’ll continue to expand on stitch types and attributes by workining with motifs, stamped patterns, embossing, gradient fills plus creating pattern in fills in satins. Auto-digitizing is marked by flat fills with black outlines but it doesn’t have to be that way.
Find out how you can quickly and easily lift your designs above the crowd!
Unit Objectives (Partial)
- Master motifs by understanding the mysteries of it’s control panel
- Learn how to make motifs store their settings
- Discover how to make motifs on spirals and fluid contours work properly
- Learn how to create your own motifs
- Tame stamped patterns and add new ones
- Discover which embossing types work best and which to avoid
- Learn how to add texture, dimension, and realism without running stitch details
- How to sdd gradient fills and master their settings
- How to create 2-color blends and what to look out for
This disc-based digital training product includes:
- 1 Illustrated, full color, e-book—160 total pages
- 12 QuickTime video lessons + 2 embedded videos
- Optional evaluation of your project
Requirements (not included)
- Same as previous units:
- Generations embroidery software version 1.6 to perform the exercises
- Adobe Acrobat Reader to view the PDF files (free, installed on most computers)
- Apple Quicktime to view the supplementary training videos (free, download from apple.com)
- Note: QuickTime is no longer supported by Windows 10.
- While Generations requires Windows, this training product works on Macintosh or Windows
- Anatomy of A Design: How to Think Like a Digitizer & Become a Better Embroiderer (ebook by Lindee Goodall)
- Successful completion of all previous units and Anatomy of a Design