Free Embroidery Design Collection to Start the New Year
Looking for some interesting and well-digitized free embroidery designs? How about an entire collection of coordinated designs that:
- sew well on a wide range of fabrics
- are relatively low stitch count
- require few color changes
- adapt well to many color schemes
- are large enough to make an impact
- have interesting textural effects?
That's a pretty tall order for any design collection and you'd certainly not expect it to be free! How do you get it?
You can get this 12-design collection, entitled Candlewick Medallions, by signing up for the newsletter, either via the form in the sidebar or the pop up one.
Once you confirm the email you'll receive, you'll get a second email with a coupon code you can redeem in the shop.
Without the coupon code, the price is $39.95.
Just because this collection is free for a short period of time doesn't mean you are free to share it. It's still copyrighted. You can do anything you like with the sewn versions (see the license arrangement on the design page).
Although the sign up form can be found here, there's also a version on the design page in the shop, and the form in the upper right hand corner of the screen is now updated to send you the coupon.
You only need to fill in the form once. In fact, if you try to sign up with the same email, you'll get an error message that you're already signed up.
Spread the Word!
Please do let all your friends and chat lists know they can come signup for their own collection.
About the Designs
These designs have a bit of a Celtic knot look and they also work well for quilting. I've digitized them in two colors but you can easily sew them as one. When sewn as digitized there are no jump threads.
I used Softlight Metallic threads to sew the samples. The inner color is a chain stitch and the outer color is candlewicking.
I've kept the same stitch types on the entire collection to give you a very coordinated group. Try skipping the inner color and using the outer one as a border for another design. Or, just use the inner part on its own as a design.
I hope you enjoy this collection and send me a picture and show off what you create!
What To Do Next
- Sign up for the newsletter.
- Confirm the email you'll get for signing up
- Wait a few minutes for a second email with the coupon code.
- Click the link in the email to go directly to the page in the shopping cart where the collection is locatedCli
- Click Add to Cart.
- Continue shopping and click Checkout when you're ready.
- If this is the first time purchasing or downloading through this cart, you will need to create a customer profile. Click Register. Returning customers just enter your email and password to Login.
- At some point during the check out process, you will see a field called "Coupon Code." Enter your coupon code here.
- Once you've completed the order process, you can immediately download them or you can come back, Log In to your account, and download them again. Your order history is preserved. You have unlimited time to download the designs but there is a limit to how many times you ca download.
All shopping cart systems are a little different and can feel confusing to navigate until you work with them for a while. It's really no different than going to a new grocery store for the first time and looking for a particular item.
You have to learn the lay of the land. This is a canned product and is used in thousands of sites on the internet.
- Free Collection Download Update
- FAQs About Candlewick Medallions Download
- Download A *FREE* Design Collection!
About the Author
Lindee Goodall is a veteran master digitizer who's won awards for her beautiful designs, been a guest on numerous PBS sewing shows, written articles for a variety of home and industry related magazines, and is a Craftsy instructor.
Lindee G Embroidery is her second company, following Cactus Punch, which was founded in 1994.