Now that we’ve covered all the tools in Generations™ it’s just a matter of using them in creative ways. Many lessons are mini-projects, not intended to be a full complete project, rather, just enough to demonstrate a practical use and give you a chance to try out the technique.
We’ll spend a fair amount of time on appliqué because it is popular technique among embroiderers and offers a wide range of versatility. Appliqué is the most useful of the specialty techniques covered in this unit and is also the basis for other techniques such as cutwork and free standing designs. You may not be interested in all the techniques covered here and may wish to just use this unit for future reference as the need arises. I do recommend that you at least work through the first few lessons to understand appliqué. You may pick up some new ways of working with purchased appliqué designs and a couple of neat tricks with Generations™.
Techniques Covered in this Unit:
- Cutwork and Hardanger
- Redwork, Quilting, and Trapunto
- 3D Foam
- 3D Designs
- Free-standing Lace
- Precision Multi-Hooping Techniques
Disc-based training product includes:
- 1 Illustrated, full color, e-book—190 total pages
- External QuickTime video lessons
- 7 embedded QuickTime videos
- Custom graphics for exercises (5 total)
- Option to have your work personally evaluated (requires Unit 1)
- Successful completion of all previous units
- Plus same requirements as Unit 1
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 02 January, 2011.